Job Description: Our Data Scientists drive the transformation of massive volumes of structured and unstructured data into actionable intelligence for our clients. The role demands a creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment and possesses a focus on product and systems development. Our Data Scientists use a combination of proprietary data systems, data wrangling, and data analysis tools to optimize systems performance, automate analytical workflows, and enhance operational efficiency. Successful candidates will be well versed in text analytics, trend analyses, data aggregation techniques, automation, and unsupervised and supervised machine learning techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In a team environment, determine business requirements and translate those requirements into an amenable data-driven solution.
- Continuously identify opportunities for business process improvement and enhanced efficiency
- Identify assumptions, limitations, constraints, and key metrics of success to business problems.
- Effectively communicate data science method and findings to internal and external partners and clients.
- The successful candidate must be able to perform these essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Undergraduate or higher degree desired. Preference for educational or professional experience in applied data science, computer science, statistics, mathematical economics, or related field.
- Meaningful internship work and/or relevant professional experience is preferred.
- Impeccable analytical skills; good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience in data mining techniques: text mining, social network analysis, Regression/GLM, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, etc.
- Experience with data analysis tools and programming languages such as R, Python, PySpark, SQL, DAX, C/C++, Perl, and Java.
- Exposure to data mining/machine learning, computer science.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) preferred, but not required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are flexible, but given the industries we serve, generally follow standard business hours. This position will occasionally require extended hours to meet a deadline and/or weekend work.
Travel: Candidate must be willing to move to/work from company headquarters in Tampa, FL.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.