The position shall be responsible for development and implementation of leading edge, business-oriented IT solutions. Shall be expected to play a leadership and guidance role for other, more junior team members
As an individual contributor, they shall be responsible for development and implementation of leading edge, business-oriented IT solutions.
As a lead contributor, they shall be expected to mentor and positively influence department associates technical and non-technical skills.
Initiatives focus on services growth and business objectives, with particular orientation to Monitoring and Customer Service functions, but shall also encompass multiple areas of the business including Marketing, Sales, Finance, Customer Service, and Information systems.
The application developer is accountable for the following:
- Understanding business system requirements and recommending efficiencies through technology
- Supporting and facilitating growth and business objectives
- Following IT standards, and procedures
- Working with Team to evaluate new technologies
- Tier III Application Support
- Comply fully with all government standards and regulations, including, but not limited to HIPAA, PHI, FDA, Medicare, and Medicaid
- Attending work on a regular and predictable basis
- Delivering work products as assigned by the team lead or manager
- Developing and maintaining a safe work environment that promotes caring, accountability, dedication, and unity
- Collaborate and coordinate with IT Management, technical, and business organization team members to define, execute, and implement agreed upon development strategy for strategic business initiatives through the full software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Contribute as an individual, plus as a lead for analysis, design and development of business systems.
- Act as an application programming resource, or lead, for the design, development and maintenance of business information systems.
- Work with end-users, IT and other impacted areas and stakeholders to plan and prepare for implementation.
- Independently analyze and develop effective technical business solutions. Strong ability to document and communicate the solution vision, approach, work breakdown and plan.
- Work closely with IT Database, Networking, Telecommunications and System Infrastructure teams to provide level-3 development support for a 24x7, mission-critical environment. Provide timely, and courteous support with open communications
- Understand and adhere to all software, and systems standards.
- Follow appropriate structured software development and project management controls, methodologies and standards.
- Reviews lists and schedules as appropriate with project management, business analyst and client users and obtain consensus and approval.
- Participate in code reviews, development and execution of quality assurance plans to ensure the system ability to meet business requirements is fully and rigorously tested.
- Prepare and present technical solutions for assigned tasks
- Develop and publish user and system documentation as required.
- 5+ years of professional Information Systems designing and developing applications in enterprise Java framework and Oracle.
- 5+ years of experience with Spring Framework, J2EE, JMS, EJB, MQ and Weblogic technology stack
- 3+ years of advance experience with JQuery
- 2+ years SQL programming using Oracle 11 and higher
- 2+ years of experience developing REST based web services; good knowledge of SOA best practices, methodologies, and standards
- Exposure to application architecture and design patterns
- Understanding of core technology issues, including portals, web technologies, identity and access management, knowledge workplace tools, application integration and desktop/browser management.
- Ability to understand business issues and processes and relate them to computer based solutions
- Source Control and Change Management