Seeking a Controller for a Perm opportunity. The Controller is responsible for Client contract management, Travel arrangements for client trips, coding and data entry of accounts payable, approving and researching invoices and data and file maintenance of all accounting records.
Day-to-day activities of this role include entry of Purchase orders, vendor transactions, analyzing and approving company expenses, bank deposits, maintaining both paper and digital files and archives, assisting finance and accounting team in accounts receivable, payables and other accounting areas.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Track and negotiate client contracts.
- Arrange travel for CEO and client teams.
- Compile and sort documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verify and post details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers, computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Prepare vouchers, purchase orders, invoices, checks, account statements, reports and other records and review them for accuracy.
- Daily Deposits.
- Monitor accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date. Reconcile and recommend resolution for report discrepancies and problems.
- Contact overdue accounts for collections.
- Audit documentation and procedures.
- Code data for input to financial systems according to company procedures.
- Learn proprietary application to manage client invoice process.
- File incoming material such as mail orders, accounts payable, and open account documentation according to the file system.
- Office errands.
- Assist the CEO with special projects as required.
- 4-year college degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5-6 years related accounting experience –
- General Ledger, A/R, A/P, Payroll.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- Must possess working knowledge of regulatory bodies relating to payroll, taxes and general business financial conditions.
- Must be proficient in MS Office software – Word, Excel.
- Must possess intermediate knowledge of financial systems – Intacct, Peachtree.