Our client is looking to hire an Enterprise AX Business Analyst to work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems and to develop and deliver team training on information technology systems. The Dynamics AX Enterprise Systems Analyst understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. This individual also develops and manages project plans for significant business process improvement and information technology efforts.
- Serves as the subject matter expert with respect to Dynamics AX for configuration, customization and usage, maximizing end user adoption.
- Consult with and provide guidance to stakeholders; review, analyze, and develop cost effective and efficient solutions in line with their requirements; establish relative priorities and schedules based on their business value and in a manner that mitigates business and system risk.
- Write detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Develop and maintain business process and system documentation and workflows in support of process improvement activities enabled by information technology.
- Assists users in performing financial and operational analysis of business processes.
- Manage significant Information Technology projects - in terms of complexity, cost, time-constraints, internal and external staffing, and equipment including software and hardware.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project management documentation and information including: scope of work; cost estimates &budgets; resource requirements, schedules & consumption; and risk factors, communicating project status/issues to business stakeholders and management.
- Actively pursue project issue identification & resolution.
- Manage Dynamics AX application security.
- Formulating alternative system solutions to meet overall business objectives.
- Design, develop and modify custom database queries and reports as needed in support of operational performance analysis. Formulates information technology training solutions to parallel overall business strategies, coordinating with departmental and Human Resource training teams to help implement training tools and locate or develop content for delivery by the respective teams, focused on information technology solutions adoption and work flow integration, with emphasis on sourcing and deploying readily available content where possible vs developing custom content.
- Serves as an advocate, process owner and system administrator for a knowledge management and delivery framework to enable rapid deployment of training programs, reuse through time and a closed loop, continuous process improvement model.
- Consults with developers on application design, development, testing and implementation.
- Relies on extensive experience and seasoned judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering or related curriculum and at least five years directly related experience, including enterprise scale assignments.
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, directly related experience and certification beyond minimums will be considered.
- At least 5 years of experience with ERP, specifically Microsoft Dynamics AX, including: implementations, upgrades, change management, business process improvement and development.
- Functional experience in one or more of Manufacturing, Production, Supply Chain, Logistics, Production Configuration, Warehouse Management or Transportation.
- Experience should include demonstrated ability to facilitate and lead group planning, design and process improvement sessions. Expertise and certification in project management, six sigma, lean process improvements, process mapping / analysis or similar programs desirable.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project (or equivalent), Visio and process mapping and design tools. Database modeling experience desirable.
- Project management experience and knowledge desired.
- Must be self-directed with a high level of reasoning and problem solving ability related to information structure/analysis, database design and process improvement.