The candidate will work in the existing Apache/Java/Microsoft SQL Server Collections and Crediting environment. The existing system is in the early stages of its next major evolutionary phase which is migration to AWS technologies by moving from local data centers to cloud based collections and processing. The position presents a major opportunity to work towards a cloud based environment. The candidate will play a key role, as part of the team, in building and delivering a smooth and successful transition to AWS. The candidate must demonstrate deep understanding of rules-based systems and logic, experience on current web and database technologies and service-oriented architectures, as well as competency to work on the most complex projects. The candidate must demonstrate and expand the use of best practices with development, continuous integration and unit test to drive increased development efficiency. The candidate must have hands-on experience with Java / DB development, operating in an Agile environment, and will be expected to bring new and fresh ideas to support, improve, enhance and optimize backend Collections and Crediting in terms of both system and logic.
The position requires high degree of expertise in defining techniques and solutions to process, correlate, associate and credit digital data (web, applications, media) for the purposes of generating meaningful events representing actual usage.
The candidate must possess a strong background in applying development best practices with a strong focus around CI and automated unit testing.
This position works on broad, highly visible, software development projects in an extremely complex and evolving technical and business environment driven by committed client deliverables.
The position requires leading and guiding the development of software and systems to support near-term competitive products and services as well as long-term and strategic business needs.
Key responsibilities also include hands-on analysis and correlation of database data to support business/client inquiries, resolution of incidents plus the ability to write and review software code.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent external engagement and communication skills as well as the technical background to fluently interact and provide guidance to software developers and architects as well as deliver complete solutions.
- Possess Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge and be the owner of the system
- A key resource and core technical leader in the Collections and Crediting team
- Analyze Business requests of new features; define solutions and conceptual frameworks consisting of data flow, business logic/rules, networking, application interfaces, methodologies, health monitoring and technology options.
- Bring any impact back to the team for development planning
- Develop technical specifications and drive system and database architecture and software development within the team of developers through delivery and successful deployment to production
- Drive alignment between this team and all downstream users of the credited output generated by this platform
- Engage other areas and stakeholders including Business, R&D, Application Development, Measurement Science, Operations, Infrastructure and Support.
- Implement best practices that can be used by the developers
- Deliver cost efficiencies
- Support and promote product innovation and recommendations to employ leading-edge technology on behalf of corporate needs
- 10+ years of experience on architecture frameworks, design and development of software, systems, and solutions including proven experience in leading teams of developers, preferably in the digital space
- Extensive and practical experience and knowledge specifically on software development technologies, principles, methodologies, tools, practices, industry standards and trends Demonstrated experience with building and maintaining large-scale, complex application systems in a team environment
- Strong background in core Java as well as Java-based server-side systems and environments such as J2EE, EJB, JMS, and Hibernate Experience in AWS technologies / migration is preferred Proficiency in SQL as well as working with relational databases, techniques, data modeling and associations
- Experience with web interfaces and basic networking standards and practices of data traffic and communications such as HTML (HTML5 preferred), XML, IP, HTTP(S), and proxy systems Knowledge of Unix and Windows environments plus basic scripting
- Experience in Agile software development methodology
- Direct experience with establishing successful Continuous Integration pipelines
- Experience with test frameworks, preferably JUnit
- Experience with modern build tools such as Maven and Gradle
- Proven experience in working with a technical team spanning different geographic locations (US EST, US PST, India)
- Demonstrated leadership skills:
- Proven ability to direct, mentor and provide technical leadership to a team of developers, deliver entire end-to-end solutions using a process-oriented focus and able to make independent, sound decisions
- Must possess the ability to take full technical responsibility for the execution of specific projects or definable portions of larger projects
- Must be able to assess existing systems and design a strategy to improve performance, efficiency and monitoring
- Flexible to attempt alternate solutions to resolve issues and adjust to a dynamic, changing technical and business environment, especially in the mobile space
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly with commitment to excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Basic understanding of the Android and iOS mobile platforms
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
Bachelor's (MS preferred) in Computer Engineering, Science or other related technical field.